During our registration process, we ask for personal information which both identifies you and enables us to communicate with you. We also invite you to tell us your interests so that we can make our communications relevant and interesting for you.
To help us prevent fraud, please be aware that we may make searches about you at credit reference agencies for the purpose of verifying your identity. These agencies will supply us with information, including information from the Electoral Register. The fact that we have requested an identity check is recorded by these agencies though be assured that the searches will not be seen, or used by lenders to assess your ability to obtain credit.
Please also note that we may cross reference the information you provide us with data from a specialist anti-fraud third party with a view to stopping fraudulent transactions before they occur.
We will use the information you provide only for the following purposes:
· To send updates regarding the status of your orders
· To send you newsletters and details of offers and promotions in which we believe you will be interested
· To improve the content, design and layout of the Computer World website and to facilitate knowledge management
· To understand the interests and buying behaviour of our registered users
· To perform other such general marketing and promotional activities focused on our products and services. We may also register you for our other services which we feel may be useful or of interest to you.
· Very occasionally, Computer World may share your details with carefully selected third parties for general marketing and promotional activities. However, if your communication preferences show that you have chosen NOT to receive such information from third parties, then of course your details will not be shared. You can edit your communications preferences at any time via the 'my account' section of our website.
· We sometimes use other companies to provide services to you or to provide services to us. To enable them to do this, we may need to share your personal information with them. When we do so, these companies are required to act in accordance with the instructions we give them and they must meet the requirements of the Consumer Protection Act to keep information secure.